Sunday 20 December 2015


TIME



The music of sunrise exalts my waves,
its notes clustering upon crests
as celestial constellations,
crowning Creation's brow with the light
of stellar assemblages.
Upon the banks of my candescent flow,
Spring dances her elation to my
Eternal Rhythm;
Summer sings of ripening plenitude;
Autumn strews her red-gold handiwork;
Winter weaves her fleecy coverlet 
of feathery flurries and flakes.
The Great Source
wrought my winding mosaic, 
Nature's own canvas, fluid and limitless,
changeless, yet commanding and
conducting change, that her patterns may
limn cosmic design.
My compass no mortal shall ever measure,
nor mystics construe,
for my path spirals from horizon to 
fathomless horizon, through Universes into
the heart of the Great Source.
Seek not my bournes, rather, survey my core 
in oceans of blue beyond the clouds,
in rippling skies within Earth's saline womb, 
by voiceless rocks solemn as monks
knelt in prayer, 
in distant expanses of auroral radiance,
in the beating of your blood,
in the processing of rivers and the Seasons. 
Wonder shall guide you nearer me,
aye, nearer the mighty Cosmic Mind 
that conceived Life.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: A DANCE TO THE MUSIC OF TIME
Source: www.wikiart.org
Artist: Nicolas Poussin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.