Sunday 9 November 2014


CROSSROADS

Here, I stood several scars ago,
as you sought your 
soul in a basket full of stars.

Your anguish pierced my lungs on
the banks of a silver beck 
under a frowning sea of puce.

Now, I search for myself in vain
in castles you built in the air.

How many cavalcades of clouds

have poured their
torrents since you rendered
me in watercolours, as Wood Whites 
bore my tear-stained breath 
over the garden walls
to where my soul bode amid
veils of leaves?

Trees bent down to caress my
brow, beloved shadows 
enfolded me; the raspberry airglow 
braided her brightest 
ribbons into my tresses, a grand 
farewell for their rose.

A white witch awaits me yonder, 
hurling comets 
into crystalline distances. Stray
sparks follow the
opaline archway to my spot,
aureate benedictions
dissolve my misty chains. 

The wishing well beckons, a
universe in its depths. 
My avian spirit guide calls to me, 
remnants of her 
scintillating death song in the 
silver timbre of her fading voice.

My presence expands to Polaris’ 
realm, soaring through stardust,
elbowing aside myriad suns.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: www.lgscv.org


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.