Saturday 22 November 2014


SOUL

Drops of Sun perish in the grey,
raddled air, their sallow
wraiths mottle the wind's
keening.

Here, rainbows come to die.

Faerie wings merge into picture
frames of mirrored blue
the darkened stream still holds.

Here, I teach my eyes to lie.

Snares of scraggy branches
trap moonbeams,
vivifying substrates disdaining
the very ground that
sustains them.

This soulscape prepares for
my last oblation
to this earthly life, a soothing
absence
spread over infinity.

Dark strands snake through
the mocking haze.
These fashion silken ropes, 
turbid planes, my bier. 

My quest for Light I entombed 
in bygone spaces.

It now blithely sails through a 
faraway radiance these 
perfidious eyes shall never see.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: weheartit.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.