Friday 14 November 2014


WINDOW

Another world, another time,
beyond the bounds of
these frames of light, a topaz
aura softens swathes
of spangled indigo; wisteria,
Spring gentians, soft 
exhale into the luminous ether.

Wayward purple shreds dance
upon the sinuous
breeze; spent, they dismount
their airy steeds, 
sink onto dusty sills, where this 
earthly journey ends. 
Betimes must they submit 
to thatness, in love
embalmed tranquil repose.

The sward beckons, wind chimes
meld with mellow choral 
Evensong, along waning spirals 
petals descend, the 
favoured into nodding roses' 
hearts, in one last dawn to 
glory, others, into eternal sleep.

And I, an execration, reach for the
refulgence that roofs
the land of the living. I, a grim
crisis apparition from a dark
corner of the land, long for a light
just out of my reach.
With greyness I content myself,
with dappled shadows.

My brooding presence you banish
to the dark, but the
window unfailing finds me, a space
foretokening Light.
Through it I see winds collide and
tomorrow's stars
strewn upon the grass. Earth's song
beats in my blood.

And I shall dream of pale wisteria
beams pirouetting across
my window sill with abandon, joyfully
rehearsing my every step,
while you invoke the Dark Lord and
compose my epitaph. 
I shall dance beneath palest violet.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: WISTERIA IN PROVENCE
Source: fineartamerica.com
Artist: Jeanne Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.