Wednesday 26 November 2014

FOR MY GODSON

Thro' tend'rest greenness a
jasmine bud peeked,
Heaven's own Light its halo
held,
cherub cries o'er a soul's
wasteland sounded
a leaden heart to love
compelled.

Bliss unbounded of sweet
celestial gift,
hope enkindled in dark's
abode
torment of ceaseless,
fearsome dreams banished,
visions of fairy skies
bestowed.

Your infant gurgle my sad
spirit healed,
childish solace my fears
becalmed,
in the dawnlike glow of your
smile I basked,
your laughter effused God's
own balm.

For halcyon days I shall e'er
be grateful,
for your bequest of this
new life,
you father me, mother me,
precious one,
my path you ease thro'
every strife.

My wish for you and ev'ry
child rings thus,
may courage and truth guide
your way,
may your joys be great, your
misfortunes, mild,
pure love bide in your hearts
each day.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: webneel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.