Monday 3 November 2014


MOONSONG

'Long silken arch serene I glide,
traverse 'cross inky skies;
'neath stellar fleets I soft glissade
to winds' worshipping sighs.

Elysian Pearl, dark's brightest gem,
fair orb isabelline,
such radiant titles do I bear,
as Night's celestial queen.

Deep cobalt shrine of land and sea 
I circumambulate;
indwelling Goddess my hymns please,
selenic beams her sate.

In argent quilt swathed slumbers she,
as sweet berceuse I sing;
my lucent airs 'pon glades descend,
belled notes to dewdrops cling.

Oft starless mantles shroud her grace,
my opaline obscure;
thro' Heaven's wrath I hear her crave
my silvery allure.

Storms ebb anon, divers mirrors 
o'er her fair visage strew;
my nacred gleam the waters hold,
her dark with light imbue.

My teardrops thro' the ether sail
of woe sole these eyes see,
for man would not my dolour know,
tho' his he tells to me.

My deiform glow must wax and wane,
as man's fortunes am I,
the tides I guide as his own blood,
his dreams I guard on high.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE SLEEPING EARTH AND WAKENING MOON
Source: www.the-athenaeum.org
Artist: Evelyn de Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.