Friday 30 January 2015


THE SIREN'S LAMENT 

What joy would time's passing
bring me, Muse of
the lower world, a divinity fated
to charm Life into
Death's maw with her chanting?

Elysian Light melds with Stygian
streams, this snare
of bittersweet notes sails thro'
the windless calm,
every breath a false promise of
mantic knowledge
pledged to stain great Poseidon's
realm ruby, my island
abode to festoon with morbid
mortal wreckage
tethered to its very air.

Chant I must, for in silence would
I perish. Yet, I yearn
for release, for the skies of my
dreams rain cascades
of blood, darkly glistening drops
devour visions my
secret heartsong weaves in the
unsullied radiance of
maidenly reveries.

My spirit journeys upon sparkling
Zephyrs to
fair Arcadian climes; there, love
resides and reigns;
my womb brings forth new life,
exults in its blossoming,
in Persephone's bounty.

Upon these craggy shores, my
form rides Fate's
capricious tides, at her bidding to
merge with these azure
waves, to strew my fruitless musings
into its darkest depths.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE SIREN
Source: www.nevsepic.com.ua
Artist: Edward John Poynter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.