Wednesday 7 January 2015


PEACE

This side of the abyss, a nullity
breathes. Its tears fall
upon its leaden mantle, shield
and shroud of the living, 
spun walls meant to deflect the
constant ferment in the
heart of every atom,

deaden Nature's
sighs and songs, her lament.

I will not chant your hymns
to languid un-being, nor
will I incarnate in pictures, my
face displaying a medley 
of emotions my being has never
contained.

Your hollow platitudes are as 
weightless sparks upon
a frozen lake. My soul would
respite from wearisome
wandering, from listless,
desiccated speech.

Into a lingering gestation
would I retreat, into
Time's womb, far from the
flummery of a sea of 
living corpses.

Out of my shattered depths
faint memories would
break free, cling to the bosoms
of stifled, half-uttered
words, now free to take flight,
to chart their course anew.

My thoughts drift over the
chasm to realms where
the music of silence triumphs,
where the whisper of bells
graces the golden serenity
of Angels' contemplation,
where Light finds itself.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: DIARY OF DISCOVERIES
Source: metaphorgeeks.com
Artist: Vladimir Kush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.