Wednesday 28 January 2015


RIVER

'Mid frozen caverns I first drew breath,
Life's elixir I contain,
Her tributes to distant oceans bear,
Nature's ev'ry child sustain.

Seeds and ashes alike I gather,
as my course o'er land I carve,
lush riparian bounty explicate
to the gay song of the sparve.

Of ambles thro' sunlit glades I sing,
of my pure blue glacial home,
these eyes e'er childhood's crystal tints seek
in yon vast cerulean dome.

Sky and Earth rejoice my lays to hear,
their plenitude 'pon me show'r,
Sun's golden cascades my wavelets crown,
inlets sacred oaks embow'r.

The rhythm of my waters follow
to a place of boundless pow'r,
onto paths untrodden dauntless stray,
thro' direst perils ne'er cow'r.

Great treasures there by the wayside lie,
praiseworthy spirits await,
daunting trails sole mountain torrents ride,
of beauty untold relate.

'Mong snowy peaks shall we silence breathe,
belief and forbearance learn,
'pon craggy paths our vanities shed,
our inmost yearnings discern.

Kinfolk are we, wanderers weary,
ephemeral joys our fate,
to Earth's flowing womb must we return,
sole Mother our thirst would sate.

My music your soul's longing shall quench,
its echoes therein shall dwell,
as blithesome thro' the æther you roam,
shall you hear my currents swell.

© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: STARRY NIGHT OVER THE RHONE
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Vincent van Gogh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.