Thursday 26 February 2015


MEMORIES


'Rubbish'?!

Short.

Sharp.

Would that you could see
the festering wounds that
fuel my pulse, 

animate the very smiles 
that conceal them....

Still, I would not disabuse
you of your notions, for
your spirit has need
of them.

Your words fill your silence;
never will they slide
into sacred spaces where
Truth resides.

I shall wear them

as dark adornments upon 
the black shroud 
of memories that mantles 
this living corpse
claiming only enough
breath to nourish the
anguish that is 
its purpose.

 May these memories, 
each one stabbing my
being to the rhythm of my
transgressor's heart,
merge into the recesses 
of purgatory.

Yes, they have fulfilled
their duty towards us both.

This is my prayer for you:
May you never breathe a
day with pain like mine
under your skin.


© 2015 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE SOUL'S PRISON HOUSE
Source: www.the-athenaeum.org
Artist: Evelyn de Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.