Friday 19 February 2016


A PROMISE OF SKY


Do you look upon my fragileness, 
great Sentinel of the skies,
at these eyes raised heavenward,
drinking of aery cyan oceans,
worshipping their tides till naught
remains of their hues
but a sprinkling of mauve mist and
turquoise jewels upon
twilight's countenance?

Aye, I am a wilful trespasser in your
limitless azure domain, 
brazen as Prometheus pilfering 
Elysium's restoring Blue,
for to quench the rage that ceaseless
rends my innards as your forbear
did the wily Titan's liver.

Do you smite me with your golden
gaze, as I crave your wings?
Majestic Guardian, do not wish 
torment upon one who shall never
know repose even as all Earth sleeps.
Nyx and Selene, ink and silver,
mingle upon the waters,
their ripples speaking the language
of air and light, of flow and flight.

Nature perceives my spirit's unrest
this Night; Mother bids me
cast off my shell, ascend through a 
heliotrope dark into
an all-embracing expanse
of beryl Silence and cerulean Light.
Upon Eos' rays shall I descend
to the bed of violets at my window,
to a promise of sky.


© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: www.pinterest.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.