Saturday 13 February 2016


ETERNAL



I hear the warming land breathe
through the glowing Dawn.
Whimsical wind chimes hail 
wispy wraiths,
silver strands and white paths
echoing distant deep blue gyres.
My heart twirls upon 
childhood's cherished pathways,
with fallen leaves across the
flagstone walk airy genii
crowned with petal wreaths.
Here, far from an affectless world,
all would know eternal Love.
Upon Her skies I trace
the precession of Life's brilliant 
Celestial Pole,
Elysium's own vortex of Light,
cradle of the spark that kindles the
flame in the loam.
I, one of a sea of segmented spirits,
seeker of ages past, 
collector of questions, am lofted into
the ether upon Her winds.
In Her realm, words and starlight
build my spine,
pivot and anchor of my earthly circle
that shall remain rosy
with pulsing blood and awe, 
though the rest of my corpse change
into drab, fallow dust. 
I, one of Love's staffage, would map
the trajectory of Her hour.
Shall this Day be a poem, Aphrodite?
Would patterns and Beauty
worthy of your altar emerge from
my marrow and tears?
My doubts I lay to rest, great goddess.
I shall trust my memories of Truth.


© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: VENUS
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Henri-Pierre Picou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.