Tuesday 9 February 2016


OBLIVION

Into a propitious battle I march,
invoking saints and sibyls,
assured of blessed vanquishment.
Ruination would not befall,
nor ignominy trail me;
I shall traverse silver-gold plains of
a depurating death
into a higher nascence,
surrendering shackles of inscience,
as Light stabs my Eye.
Astral drums proclaim
my sacred bloodletting, the pain of 
a birthbed of thorns
lifting my being from disquiet
into the sanctum of the blazing blue
beam that cleaves
the shell of darkness enclosing
my spirit, that it may breathe
the atoms of mystics, 
their visions of Truth and Beauty that
prevail as tremulations
in the ether. My dreams of oblivion 
I shall consign to starlit pyres,
my languor to the rich muteness
of eternal shadows.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: DELPHIC SIBYL
Source: commons.wikimedia.org
Artist: Michelangelo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.