Wednesday 3 February 2016


JOURNEY V

The mind of the senses measures Time,
seconds and minutes raining
hapless syllables and images in a dream,
in a dying world we seek to command.
Could breaths mark Time's course?
Does the air of Earth quaver in harmony
with the asomatous realm
of Origins and Conclusions that births
spirits from nothingness,
that thirsts to know the Light?
My heartbeats claimed the lucid wildness
of a newborn soul, weaving it
into a snare of blood, bone and warmth.


And I must unravel this fabric, scour its
interstices for the elemental pulse 
that hears the unspoken, 
speaks the unheard. Would I discern the 
music that evades me,
the primordial evocation that is
the tremor of the soul's thanksgiving?
Would it remain unfathomable,
mystical, a shadow of the transcendence
my highest being knew?


Voice and thought traverse upon the sage's
layered chanting, imploding 
into a profound inner violet-blue vastness.
The Word of Creation shines,
its soundless urging echoing through fibres
and spaces of my being.
"Dismember your pride, all that enshrouds
your essence. This human journey is
but a feast of illusion, yet, a stepping stone
to elevation through awareness.
Tread my eternal Path to Truth and Beauty,
divesting yourself of selfhood.
Let every falling fragment of your hull chime
your approach toward my abode,
that your kernel may glow with my Light."

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: Fußsohlen eines Apostels
Source: www.wikiart.org
Artist: Albrecht Dürer 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.