Wednesday 17 February 2016


QUEST



I am a grain of sand seeking the desert,
a feather seeking a wing.

I was born into the vaporous realm that
binds the soil to the ether,
yet, I am a child of earth and blood,
thirsting for the very brick walls
and black roots that grazed and rent 
my flesh and spirit.
The darkness of a thousand blighted 
births weights my feet,
a cruel blessing, that I may not squander
the morsel of Light that
would sustain me, for the journey is long
and I would not hasten Time.
Nay, I would learn the momentum of this
nameless flow,
an animating force of non-love impelling
a sunless existence,
a non-life, a mode not of my choosing.
Aye, mother, I embark upon
a search mysterious even to myself,
my impost at each Gate
upon the sacred path wrought from pain 
of flight from it,
aspiring to barter my eyes - your eyes -
for Vision, for redemption.
I must traverse this lightless terrain
toward a luminous axis,
toward the peduncle of the Cosmic Bloom,
where I could no more discern
the space between heights and depths.

© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: twitter.com
Artist: Samy Charnine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.