Monday 1 February 2016


SPIRIT OF IMBOLC



I am Spring's infant heartbeat echoing
through Winter's retreating steps.

I am the Great Fire's secret gaze upon
His awakening Love,
the first flush of warmth in
His deepening Gold.

I am the rebirth of Creation's yearning, 
of hope's sublime scent
swaddling somnolent snowdrops. 

I am the Great Mother's smile
gliding upon the Season's golden wing,
anon to alight as a blossom 
upon Brighid's crown.

I am the thrum of Her spinning wheel,
the first green length wound
upon Her spindle.

I am the spark that flies upon Her arrow,
telling wordless tales
of the unnameable, stirring your wonder
anew, that you may meet
Nature with devotion in your heart and
gratitude upon your lips.

I am the light that disquiets every kernel,
invoking transformation and growing.

I am the peace that calms your questing,
questioning mind, bidding you tread
to the Great Wheel's rhythm.

I am the sacred Moment that enfolds all
who breathe in accord with Life.


© 2016 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: EARTH MOTHER
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Edward Burne-Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.