Saturday 2 August 2014


EMPTINESS

A searing stab rends my belly.
Anchored to the chilly air,
greedily gulping my heartbeats,
I count my breaths as a life
silently erupts from its safe haven.

At my feet you lie, a spirit felled
sight unseen. No, your
features I cannot discern, merely
my own bloodless reflection
in the saline waters that held you.

Scarlet droplets engulf my soul,
drench my fragile wings.
Dear leaden heart, your sanctum
I sorely crave. Such worship
we are alike denied, but I weep for
myself alone, for a Barren butterfly.

Our crumpled forms, mine mirrors
your position, meld into the
black marble veined with cherry pink,
its patterns I trace with my
cold fingers, lifeless fruit in my hand.

Night falls, this manna from Heaven

lifts the darkness within.
I shall now seek the cheerless
comfort of an eiderdown cocoon,  
revel in my mind's reproving solace,
in my body's resplendent ache.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: fineartamerica.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.