Thursday 14 August 2014



SANCTUARY

Bare white roof, lush damson hedges,
Angel wing clouds with silvern edges,
thro' barley fields blow waves of gold,
unfettered I dream, weave fables bold.

Plump wasps glutted garrulous gloat,
mother's sweet songs o'er the gardens float,
gentle soothe grey doves in their cotes,
butterflies hasten to clasp her notes.

Repasts of scented, sun-drenched plums,
as breezes climbing weeds' tendrils thrum,
bright sheets blissful billow 'pon lines,
to the wind's tunes dance in gay sunshine.

A blue thrush trills 'mong roses plush,
her young nestle in the bottlebrush,
brown robins with shirtfronts of brass
descend 'pon carpets of chartreuse grass.

Fluffy white pups sleep 'pon my lap,
'neath patch of blue I adventures map,
as life I view thro' rosy glass,
childish woes into oblivion pass.

Canines and aves my only friends,
heedless as I of all that impends,
my heart sole for today's Sun beats,
'pon gladness glides, of life freely feasts.

Tho' now I am grown, my soul yearns
for times past, to yon white roof returns,
where blithe thro' space and time I raced,
euphoric smile 'pon sun-gilded face.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: www.photogravy.co.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.