Monday 4 August 2014


MOUNTAIN

Abode of thatness am I, fount of His wisdom,
Earth's rivers I feed, as man's spirit.

My leviathan grandeur you exalt, panegyrics to my
noble beauty sing, my deep silences seek.

These heights would you scale, my summit conquer,
stairway am I to your heart's desire.

Sheer cliffs deter you not, nor craggy precipices,
not jagged boulders, nor icy torrents.

Resolute you devise your skyward path, your beings
soar as volant sentinels looping my vastness.

Hearts afire, chart your course, faith, your sustenance,
joy, your pace, caritas, your impost.

Tortuous paths you may tread, perilous, steep, to
each one unknown, tho' these he retraces.

Deride not the broken and bruised; you may falter
as they, for my ways wound and maim.

Mangled corpses at my feet ne'er disdain, for their
spirits now traverse His realm.

Humility I crown, vainglory, crucify. Despond not when
you stumble, for I shall preserve and restore.

With each laboured step must your soul expand,
your resolve deepen, your heart further grow.

Else would my peak frozen comfort be, your victory, 
hollow, lonely your throne on forlorn ice.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: twanight.org




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.