Tuesday 12 August 2014


I WISH



I wish I'd been there 
to wipe your tears,
to allay your fears.

I wish I'd known how
to repel the jeers,
to quell the sneers.

I wish I'd sensed
the sobs in your smile,
the pain in your guile.

I wish I'd discerned
the snarl in your grin,
the void in your din.

I wish I'd espied
the fall in the mist,
the weltered wrist.

I wish I'd heeded
the cry in your jest,
the disquiet in your rest.

I wish I'd known
what was in your heart,
what tore you apart.

I wish I'd perceived
that all love had dried,
that your soul had died.

I wish you’d called 
to say goodbye.
I wish you’d given life 
one last try.

I wish.....


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image source: www.elephantjournal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.