Friday 31 October 2014


AIRMED

Destiny's whispers on the wind I hear,
as cosmic waves blissful swell,
veils of rapture nightingales 'round me weave,
distant clouds their sorrows tell.

The breath of life am I, vessel and fount,
the elements, truth and time,
Nature's will I fulfil, as she contrives
varied tapestries sublime.

Birds and beasts to my favoured threshold flock,
winged blossoms my gown adorn,
faeries, elves, gifts of fragrant heather bring
ere dawn of each holy morn.

Solemn divination my sacred quest,
my spirit roams earth and sky,
with prowess of second sight was I blessed,
for life's path to prophesy.

Runes I need not, crystal balls I eschew,
my sibyl's eye warns and guides,
for emanations of the light man dons
his temporal fate decide.

Man's rainbows I see, his mantled darkness,
misty hues his course foretell,
the pure of soul Springtide's bright palette crowns,
the wicked Love's boon repel.

No witch am I, nor mere fortune teller,
for our Goddess am I named,
her healing hands she on this child conferred,
for to mend the ill and maimed.

Sole to me herbs their salving powers reveal,
glad mission in my ears speak,
O'er hills, thro' vales and deep woods I wander,
valerian and jasmine seek.

Potions I brew in beauteous Airmed's light,
to her arcane skills aspire,
for man's body and spirit to restore,
for weary hearts to inspire.

The Infinite's counsel I faithful heed,
Creation's rhythms echo,
the despondent and rueful I enjoin
noble, wholesome seeds to sow.

Hymns of praise I chant for bounteous harvests
this auspicious Samhain Eve,
visions of promise by the holy fire
with humble tribute receive.

And with gratitude shall we toil and hope 
for golden days yet to come,
each one a string on hallowed Mother's lute,
in harmony shall e'er thrum.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: www.pinterest.com



Image: thecelticjourney.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.