Wednesday 29 October 2014


THE WHITE WITCH OF LOCH CEANN GAINIMH

Hallowmas Eve, this Great Sabbat night,
the Otherworld's gates open wide;
Samhain's altar I gladsome compose,
for spells to cast 'neath Heaven's bride.

Wood vetch, meadowsweet, the shrine bedeck,
as wreaths of blackberry and pear,
with fruit of Avalon for to please
Goddess Niamh of the Golden Hair.

Her grace weary Nature shall renew,
all chasten who our creed transgress;
the gods man with their holy light
this Calends of Winter shall bless.

For darkness draws near as the year wanes,
veils 'pon somnolent lands descend;
'pon shores of the loch, the spirits speak,
my runes to sacred realms ascend.

Blooms in hair, in ritual circle,
with departed kinfolk I stand,
healing verse chant for their pain to ease,
their tome of arcane arts in hand.

My verbal charms to Mother I sing,
incantations joyous bestow,
with Creation's spirits fair commune,
by the propitious pyre's glow.

Sigils I inscribe, worshipful kneel
'mid flames in faerie rings of light;
Earth, Air, Wind, Fire and Void I invoke
for gifts of wisdom and insight.

Ere midnight strikes, the Aos Si appear,
gifts of milky heather they bring,
visions of the Well of Segais grant,
whence seven streams of knowledge spring.

Fey white bells they bid me 'pon Earth cast,
for the newborn Year to anoint,
fields with their purple kin to bestrew,
at mighty Aries' first point.

No wagon I possess, nor steed spry,
sole the wind I ride in pale cloak;
turtledoves my airy carriage lead,
their pinions silver moonbeams yoke.

Morgaine her black mount bestrides abroad,
her shadow shrouds the starry sky;
the pure of heart its blight shall be spared,
such shall the Cailleach ne'er deny.

And the Wheel of the Year onward turns,
birth and death 'pon its brink entwine;
'neath snowy blankets Mother shall rest,
her slumber we shall not repine.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: deviantart.com




Image: a-wiccan-house.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.