Monday 13 October 2014


SONG OF THE ROSE

Angels' dreams my petals fashioned,
their hopes my spiral formed;
in earth's dark depths the sun I craved,
tho' love maternal warmed.

Thro' summer's branches soft I crept
to view his radiant face;
o'er gilded light I gladsome danced
in zephyr's warm embrace. 

Echoes I heard from climes unknown
of laughter and dismay;
for aeolian streams our spirits bind,
hearts sing the selfsame lay.

My silken beauty all acclaimed,
my perfume they imbibed,
enraptured my soul took to them,
fair odes to me inscribed.

Erelong did my sweet fragrance fade,
my satin lustre waned;
a mistral my form laid to waste, 
for Nature so ordained.

Duly did I to dust return,
to mother's bosom dear;
here I bide, in the Great Below,
my light in man's eyes near.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: HYMN TO THE ROSE
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: John Duncan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.