Tuesday 21 October 2014


EARTHSONG

Of Love and Radiance was I born,
ward of celestial eye,
myriad fair silhouettes I don,
dearest of Fate am I.

Great mountains, vales and fecund plains,
deserts and oceans blue,
my beauteous countenance reveal,
as blooms of every hue.

From my deep womb all life springs forth,
my soul holds each first cry,
spruce, elm and oak my wisdom speak
to swallows in the sky.

In cheerful hearts my spirit glows,
in infants' smiles delights,
ever laments man's brutish ways,
as his own blood he blights.

"You are the wind, the trees and earth,
as every bird and beast,
each form and breath to me returns 
at close of fleeting feasts."

"My blood effuses from your wounds,
your kindred's tears you weep,
larks echo your triumphant song,
the seas your sorrows keep."

"Wealth you accrue, this vastness reave,
my fragile depths you cleave,
yet hope its strains in my heart thrums,
may Light grant all reprieve."

Mere motes, thro' starlit time we rove,
'long paths our forebears trod,
the blessed beat of Heaven's drum
our steps shall guide to God.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: REBIRTH OF GAEA
Source: magoism.net
Artist: Jesse Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.