Thursday 2 October 2014


WHERE YOU LIVE


I see you where you lived,
between leaves of your books,
in grooves of the woodwork,
merged into marble floors,
amid white filler flowers.

I hear you where you spoke,
between shrieks of your foes,
in the heart of rancour,
merged into concealment,
amid the deaf and cold.

I see you where you smiled,
between pink rose petals
in the heart of a flame,
merged into a nocturne,
amid wafts of jasmine.

I hear you where you sang,
between veils of silence,
in the heart of a rest,
merged into last echoes,
amid peals of church bells.

I see you where you hoped,
between verses of prayer,
in the heart of dawn's light,
merged into gay birdsong,
amid Spring's bright lushness.

I hear you where you cried,
between ragged breaths,
in the heart of thunder,
merged into icy winds,
amid marble statues.

I see you where you live.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: IDLE TEARS
Source: pictify.com
Artist: Edward Robert Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.