Sunday 12 October 2014


LOVEDOM 

Winged whispers skim o'er
a refulgent stairway,
descend into my soul's dim
wasteland,
holding fast to un-being.


Violet voices from waking
dreams disperse
crepuscular shrouds,
these beloved vestments
of my purgatory
bequeathed me at birth.


Spectral witnesses,
compatriots of my despair,
powerless to stay
slaying hands,
expunge curses that were
my swaddling clothes,
unbind shackles that were
my sole earthly adornment.


Gifts they bestow, of wings,
of memories of roses,
Spring skies and
bruised knees,
floating vignettes of the
woman I never grew into
smiling at her reflection
in a bird bath.


I surrender the reins so long
tethered to dreams,
to illusions, to limbo,
 gliding into salvation,
into being,
into Love's own realm, 
into Lovedom...


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE GOLDEN LADDER
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Louis Janmot

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.