Tuesday 29 July 2014


BLACK

Fate snuck a charcoal sock into
my load of pure white wash; 
slate, pewter and ash meld into a
leaden sludge. It perfuses
my skin, its sombre susurration
serrates my soul.

In obsidian waters immersed,
I stare unseeing
at gunmetal skies; cold grey they
dye my warm brown eyes.

My piceous breath mottles ivory 
roses by the bedside,
sooty drops slide over my skin
into my tea.
My footsteps imbrue Green and Blue,
scatter trails of ravens' feathers
in my wake.

Viscous, voracious granite feasts on
my thoughts,
seeps into my words, speckles my 
dreams, clothes my body, 
lines my heart,
trickles into embraces.

Onyx stained blood effuses from 
my wounds,
limning torment ineffable to a 
starless spirit rendered aphasic,
casualty of a war waged 
against myself.

Hermetically sealed in blackness, 
I breathe in sable silences 
that once blackened 
the bowels of despair, darkened 
the very darkest darkness.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image Source: www.tumblr.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.