Saturday 5 July 2014


DESERT

My lustrous grain from ancient rocks
enwrought, of the Sun’s gold, I drank deep;
storms my vastness pitiless hewed,

burnished, strewed,
this aureate ocean fashioned.

My barren expanses you fear, waterless
beauty parched for dewy succour distant
Zephyrs extol.

The whimsical wind my ephemeral form
sculpts; in gentle ripples ere I rest, do I in
billowing crescents rise, golden dunes to
sandy sheets smoothed anon.

You who deny your thirsting soul, seek
comfort in prevarication, my fervid cries
you hear not, nor my paeans of praise.

Tumult ever enshrouds you, rendering you
inconscient to eloquent silences of your
own soul. Solace you seek in ceaseless
prating, in hollow alliances.

My sweeping, fallow tracts you water
with your tears; here, you stumble, bereft
of your crutch. Surrender to our Mother, 
be made pliant as I, that she might imprint
her wishes upon you!

Cast off your crust, that you might know 
your core! Rejoice, as Truth, too long 
shackled, breaks free! Here, we commiserate, 
each the other, each ever athirst, yearning.

As brethren shall we seek salvation, fulgent
firmament, our chancel dome, gentle breezes,
our hymns, the evening star, our sanctuary lamp,
hearts' wishes, our sole offering.




© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum


Image: rosafrei.photoshelter.com

Image: lifeandjoy.ru

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.