Monday 21 July 2014


NIGHT

Day's harsh rays depart, to twilight's
placid embrace yield. Night's
glutting velvet effulgence paints the
earth, her gentle brushstrokes
diffuse, her shades serene.

Cascades of raven tresses, her

crowning glory, shimmering jewels
dress, heady night jasmine perfumes. 
Her robes billow, aglow with 
evening primrose,
her eyes spill darkly limpid pools.

Softly she sings her mellow air,

redolent of breezes' caress.
Loving she bids Nature repose,
soothes her fevered brow, wipes 
her tears, Day's ponderous
burdens eases. 

My breath now tranquil, tamer

courses the blood through my
veins. Unseen am I blessed; in
the quietude of unlit depths,
I hear the Universe speak,
revel in its music.

My mortal heart the Day Star's

light seeks, yet my immortal soul
would vistas of eternal Night -
tender comfort of fireflies' glow, 
of my countless beckoning
kinsmen shining their light.

© 2014 Lily's Verse

Lilium Candidum


Image: NIGHT 

Source: imgkid.com
Artist: William-Adolphe Bouguereau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.