Wednesday 16 July 2014


DUPLICITY

You speak to me of love?

The very eyes you seek 
to ensnare me with 
betray your heart.

Honeyed phrases drip off your 

serpent tongue, whilst with your
Lust you commune sub rosa.

His brute force would suffuse
your embrace ere you would
constrict me in your coils.

Supple as a panther you

would stalk your quarry
as he guides your every move.

Your poison rubies would 

confound the eye
as your Bittersweet vines 
drain my life’s blood.

Would I, even in my vanity,

mistake your crimson
Russulas for rose petals? 

You declare me your lodestar.

Stars consume themselves! 
Away, or be burned to a cinder!

My 'radiant smile, very like

a resplendent sunset', I owe 
to the befouled air around me.

Astrape’s weapon are you, 

luminous deathly arc!

The Devil’s alliance would we be,
wreaking untold havoc, leaving a 
wasteland in our wake.

Your summer sun would singe you,

your Daphne, despoil your blood.

More thorns than rose am I,
a garden to be turned I’m not,
merely a morass.

Leave me to my legacy.

© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image Source: www.pinterest.com
Artist: Vladimir Kush

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.