Sunday 13 July 2014



REPARATION?

Could you un-fell a tree?
In vain would you
un-rip a butterfly's wings,
un-tear the petals
of a rose!

Could you un-stab 
my heart?
In vain would you
un-trample a bud,
un-lacerate my skin!

Could you un-wrest
the song from a lark's throat?
In vain would you
un-utter falsehoods,
un-belt a child!

Could you un-fight
this war?
In vain would you
un-break a promise,
un-infuse a death wish
into my blood!

Could you un-walk the 
ruinous path?
In vain would you 
un-rob my innocence,
un-maim my spirit!

Could you un-vindicate
my transgressor?
In vain would you
un-barter your soul,
un-revile grace!

Could I un-endure
Hell on Earth?
In vain would I
un-know hatred,
un-suffer my
heart's exile!

Could I?
I couldn't.


© 2014 Lily's Verse
Lilium Candidum

Image: THE DEAD BIRD
Source: www.liveinternet.ru
Artist: Jean Baptiste Greuze

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.